Saturday, June 6, 2015

New York Adventure: Day 1


My day on June 6th, 2015 started with the unpleasant knowledge that I still had to pack for a 7 day long track half across the country. Okay, that might sound a little dramatic but let me tell you some background information...

I graduated high school on May 21st, 2015 and the very next day had to rise from my bed and travel with my family to Panama City Beach, Florida. It was fun getting burnt to a crisp but nothing is to exciting about laying on the beach, besides when I attempted to swim with wild dolphins and went parasailing. All I can say about that vacation is that I'm glad to have the opportunity to go, but 8 days with my family and NO people my age was way to long. But, the night of my graduation my boyfriend of 2 years asked to go on vacation with him and his family to New York City, and these are the kind of adventures I (think) I'll enjoy, so I decided to go. This only gave me a week at home before I had to repack and leave again.

 Coming from a town of 3,500 people I haven't been to a "big" city before, unless you want to count St. Louis, Missouri as a large city. So I'm curious to see how I like The Big Apple. With a Go Pro and DSLR on hand I hope to capture great images. 

I'm posting today as Day 1 even though nothing much happened today besides making it to Newark, New Jersey in one peace. (And vomit free, considering my boyfriend, his sister, and father had gotten sick) I finished Paper Towns cover to cover during the 15 hour car ride, so I would say that was an accomplishment in itself. 

Till tomorrow--
Serena






No comments:

Post a Comment