Saturday, September 12, 2015

College?


This is me. In my dorm room, at college. The last 3 weeks of my life have been a whirlwind of questions, anxiety, excitement, and loneliness.

My college move in day: I was so excited for the day to finally be here. I was finally beginning my life in college, and I was going to be away from my family and friends, but I was still excited. Me, my mother, and my father all drove in separate vehicles to my dorm (divorced parent life). Setting up my dorm and decorating was so fun and I was ready to start classes. Orientation week kept everyone super busy, so I didn't have much time to think about anything..

First week of classes: I was intrigued by college life and college classes. I was excited to go to class, begin on my assignments and work hard. I started my work study job at my Universities fitness center. Everything was still going well. I didn't even have that much school work. I had went home the first weekend away. I didn't want to go home, but I wanted to see my boyfriend. We had a good weekend together, we spent most of our time together. I didn't even miss my family yet, actually it felt odd being home around them. When I was at home, I wanted to leave. I missed fraternity parties that weekend and I was curious to what they were like.

Second week: I started my second week of classes a little less motivated. I started questioning my my major, why I was at college, and the point of life. I started hating living there, I wanted to transfer to my local university so I could live at home. My major is Exercise Science and after that I will go to Physical Therapy school, but I was questioning if it was right for me. I care very strongly about the environment and I want to travel. I went back home the second weekend too.

Third week: I am starting to get back in the grove of classes. I even had a job interview! Even though I wish I didn't have to pay the hefty sum of my tuition I know it is something I have to do. My classes are starting to become routine. I am trying to get in shape and get comfortable there. I am glad when the week is over and I am home once again..

No comments:

Post a Comment